We will gather for a period of reflective prayer and desserts afterward.
If you know someone you think may be interested in exploring her call to religious life, you will want to learn more about the Charity Federation – Come See and Serve Weekend coming up in September in New Orleans. During the weekend, the group will offer times for prayer, input, reflection and discussion regarding vocations to religious life. Nancy Gerth, SCN, will be part of the group facilitating the weekend. You may contact her for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or (502) 331-4516.
Vocation directors within the Charity Federation have gathered once again in New Orleans to rebuild homes affected by Hurricane Katrina. Each year, the vocation directors meet during the first week of January to help in the efforts to rebuild the beautiful, historic city.
Vocation directors from different congregations bring young adults with them to assist. This year, Sister of Charity of Nazareth Vocation Director Nancy Gerth brough Kaytee who is from Columbus Ohio (in yellow shirt). Pictured along with Sister Nancy and Kaytee are Sister Carol, a member of the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati congregation, and the other young woman (in blue) is Cheyenne who is from New Jersey. This group of four have been working along with the Phoenix of New Orleans organization to rebuild the home of a 72 year old single woman. She had lived in the home, located in Midway, the inner-city of New Orleans, her entire life until is was virtually destroyed by the hurricane. She is one of three people still living in a FEMA-provided trailer in her neighborhood and is to be evicted in 20 days.
Sister Nancy and her group have spent their time making the home livable again. They have painted the interior of the home and laid laminate flooring. The group will continue its work in order to soon have the house ready to be lived in again.
Sept. 28-Oct. 2, 2014
Meet with us on Skype, email or by phone to reflect and ask questions about discerning religious life. Walk through tools and materials with a retreat director and pray with us. We’re here to meet you where you are, on your time.
- Register online at http://bit.ly/SCFODR14
- For single Catholic women ages 18-40
- Sponsored by Sisters of Charity Federation
For questions about registration contact Sister Virginia Ann Brooks, DC, at email@example.com or 812-963-7559.
- I feel called to grow in my relationship with God as a woman religious
- prayer is an important part of my life
- I want to live n a community of women with like values
- I feel called to be of service to others
- I desire to live a simple lifestyle
- I am enriched by being with people of diverse backgrounds
- love of God and love of others is what I am all about
- between the age of 18 and 45
- Catholic and single
- open to listening to God's call
- able to serve and live in a variety of settings
- interested in discerning your life as a woman religious
Get more information about becoming a Sister of Charity of Nazareth.
Follow one Sister's day to day thoughts and experiences. Nancy Gerth, SCN, is the vocation director for the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth and is blogging on a regular basis. Ask Sister Nancy a question in her blog.